Monday, April 18, 2011

The Joy List

I have a really great life. Really! I'm not just blowing daisies up your butt. I've been working hard lately at filtering out toxic things and people, and I'm trying to be as positive about things as possible. Except when I PMS. Sorry, but I can only give so much. My new favorite word is Joy. So I'm going to make a list here about what makes me joyful, or what I appreciate, on a monthly basis. It's just impossible to throw a pity party for yourself when you count your blessings. Bring on the JOY!






  • Family. I have a big family, and I'm thankful for every one of them. Cousins that are my best friends, aunts and uncles that are so awesome I feel right at home in their homes, and of course my immediate family. There just aren't enough words to say how great they are.

  • A warm, dry home. It may seem basic, but it really isn't. In some countries my home would be considered a palace. I've been blessed enough to have a husband who works harder than anyone I've ever known, and he's given us a great place to call our own.

  • Clean water. It may seem corny but every time I turn on the water to do the dishes I praise God for giving me clean water. Think about how hard it would be to get through the day without clean water. A lot of people don't have it. I'm blessed!

  • Good health. Without good health you have nothing.

  • The freedom to sit in church and worship my God without having to fear for my life.

  • My Bible. It's as basic and needed as food on the table and that clean water that I was talking about. It's my sanity, and everything good. What on earth would I do without it?

  • My dog. He's me shadow and my little heater. He never judges me, and loves me unconditionally. Plus, he is so stinkin' cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment